Who we are
The Information We Collect
- Subscribing: When you register with tabarruk, subscribe to our products and services, or sign up, we ask for your email address. If subscribing to one of our paid subscription services by credit card, in addition to your email address, you will be asked to provide your name, credit card information and address. If you choose to receive text alerts from us, you will first need to provide us with your mobile number. When you register your interest in our premium service we ask for your first name, last name, email, phone number, investor type, and potential investment size. We usually also capture your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) at the time you subscribe.
- Information We Automatically Track: While on our website and affiliated websites, we automatically log certain information about how you’re using our site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, your IP address and the pages you visit while on our site. We may place a pixel on pages on our site or those of other companies that are presenting advertisements. This enables us to record in our server logs that a specific user id has visited a particular page. This data allows us to analyse and determine our audience’s behavioural characteristics, which helps us to optimise our site, advertisement placement, and marketing focus. Only anonymous, non-personally identifiable information is collected in this way, and it cannot, by itself or in combination, be tracked to a specific individual.
- Surveys: On occasions we conduct surveys and we collect the answers provided.
The Main Consequences of Not Providing Your Information
You are not required to give us your personal information. However, if you do not give us your personal information we may not be able to provide you with our services and/or provide the content that you wish to receive.
Where Your Information is Stored
Your personal information (as outlined above) is disclosed to and processed and stored by our company, Tabarruk Pty Ltd. By providing your personal information you consent to this transfer and disclosure.
Our Use of This Information
- Provide Our Services: Tabarruk uses your information to deliver, and provide access to the services and features that you have subscribed to, or otherwise requested. We also use your information for administrative purposes such as billing and member support. When necessary, we will use your information to investigate any complaints or possible violations of our Terms of Service.
- More Customised Service: Tabarruk collects your personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalised Web experience possible and to provide our advertisers with an efficient means to reach the right audience. In short, by knowing a little about you, Tabarruk can deliver more relevant content and advertisements to you while at our Web site and thus, provide you with a more efficient, customised and seamless experience when using our service.
- Internal Research: Cookies and the other information we automatically track are used to help us better understand how our audience uses our site as well as for internal research on users’ demographics and interests. Each browser accessing Tabarruk is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine usage patterns and to help in targeting content and ads based on user interests.
- To Contact You: We may subsequently email you about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may interest you. If you’d rather not receive these marketing communications, unsubscribe from the link in any email.
Use of IP Addresses and Cookies
Your Web browser or email application automatically provides your IP address to other computers with which you communicate over the Internet so that they know where to send you information.
We receive an IP address each time you view one of our Web pages because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with Tabarruk
We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:
- Diagnosing service or technology problems.
- Assessing and maintaining system security.
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content.
- Studying how people use our site and how we can improve it.
If your browser is set up to accept them, we also use a feature known as a cookie. Cookies contain bits of information that Web sites transfer to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular site such as ours.
At Tabarruk and our affiliated websites cookies are primarily used in the following ways:
- To automatically access your previously stored account information, so that we don’t ask for your information multiple times.
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- TO ENABLE ADVERTISING PARTNERSHIPS FOR OUR PRODUCTS
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Except as set out in this Policy, Tabarruk does not disclose, give, lend or sell your personal information to any third party. We only provide aggregate, non-identifiable information to our current and prospective business partners. For example, we might tell them that there are 110,000 Registered Subsribers in Melbourne, but we won’t tell them that the user called ‘Super Ahmed’ is one of them, and we definitely won’t tell them that his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may employ the services of third party providers to aid us in certain aspects of our operations (such as the distribution of our email products or conducting a survey for us). Depending on the services performed, some of these providers may be provided with user information (including your personal information). These contractors will be subject to confidentiality agreements which limit their use and disclosure of all information they obtain through their relationship with us to Tabarruk-related business only, consistent with this policy. Some of these providers may be located overseas. The countries in which these providers are likely to be located is the United States.
- We may disclose your personal information to protect the rights and property of Tabarruk as well as permitted or required by law or to comply with valid legal process.
Tabarruk takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. What does all this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and account information you reveal on the internet.
Access to Your Information
In accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, upon written request, Tabarruk will (other than as permitted by law) provide you access to the personal information we hold about you as well as grant you the opportunity to correct any incorrect personal information. If your access request is denied, we will give you the reasons for denying your request. To contact us about accessing your information, please email email@example.com
While we always endeavour to get things right, we accept that we can get things wrong. If you have a complaint regarding your privacy you may make a complaint to us and we will investigate your concerns as soon as possible. To make a complaint, please contact us at:
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you may complain to the Privacy Commissioner.
Other Parties Collecting Information
If you follow or click on links to any third party websites from tabarr.uk and affiliated websites, including when paying your for subscription through our payment gateway, Stripe, you should be aware that these other sites have their own privacy and data processing practices. Tabarruk has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding a site and its privacy policies, check that site.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.